Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tomcat Wiki" for change
notification.

The "FAQ/Linux_Unix" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Linux_Unix?action=diff&rev1=8&rev2=9

  <<Anchor(Q2)>>'''How do I run without an X server and still get graphics?'''

- You either need to run headless or run an alternate X-server. Some more
information can be found
[[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=104803047600003&r=1&w=2|here]],
[[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102335321103262&w=2|here]], or
[[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=101614645312259&w=2|here]].
+ You either need to run headless or run an alternate X-server. Some more
information can be found [[http://marc.info/?t=104803047600003&r=1&w=2|here]],
[[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=102335321103262&w=2|here]], or
[[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=101614645312259&w=2|here]].
  Or if your are using a JVM 1.4 or better, you can use the system property
{{{java.awt.headless=true}}}

  <<Anchor(Q3)>>'''Tomcat dies after I log out!'''

- This is a common complaint when using Solaris. Make sure you use {{{nohup}}}
and see
[[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=104809785114238&w=2|this
thread]]
+ This is a common complaint when using Solaris. Make sure you use {{{nohup}}}
and see [[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=104809785114238&w=2|this thread]]

  <<Anchor(Q4)>>'''Error message: "SEVERE: StandardServer.await: create[8005]:
  Throwable occurred: java.net.BindException: The socket name is not available
on this system."'''