> From: Mark Thomas
> > While both POST-size-limiting and parameter-count-limiting are
> > both reasonable mitigating procedures, would the use of a
> > randomized-hash be something worth doing?
>
> I don't know. My instinct is that it wouldn't but I could be wrong.

Referring to
https://cryptanalysis.eu/blog/2011/12/28/effective-dos-attacks-against-web-application-plattforms-hashdos/
 - seems like it is at least worth considering. It leaves the hashing algorithm
at O(1) in the normal case and makes it pretty difficult (depending on size of
salt-space) to pick keys that will collide.

> Before changing anything, we'd need to look hard at performance
> figures and take any additional maintenance overhead into
> consideration.
>
> Performance was the reason I didn't just switch to TreeMap.

Makes sense.

Worth noting that TreeMap makes all storage O(log n), so the normal case takes
a hit in order to mitigate the worst case (i.e. malicious case).