2012/1/15 Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>:
> On 15/01/12 04:24, ma...@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Sat Jan 14 18:24:27 2012
>> New Revision: 1231550

>> Log:
>> Fix warnings
>

> Curious... I don't get any compiler warnings and checkstyle said it was OK.
> I presume your compiler didn't like only ever passing the same static final
> variables as arguments.
>
> I'm not sure whether this test class, or any based on it (style-wise) will
> ever need to provide more than one set of credentials. Wouldn't it have been
> better to pass credentials as an argument?
>
> Also, I have an SSO variant of this test class that uses DIGEST
> authentication. It builds the credentials string in a different format.
>
> To summarise, without trying to pick a fight, I would prefer to pass the
> userid and password into the generalised utility methods as arguments,
> rather than have those methods assume there will only ever be one value for
> each variable.
>
> Can you see a way that keeps me and your compiler happy at the same time,
> please?

The warnings configuration for Eclipse is documented in the following
file in trunk:

res/ide-support/eclipse/java-compiler-errors-warnings.txt

That configuration is a bit stricter than defaults. This change was
supposedly caused by "unused method arguments" warning.

In doTestNonLogin() method the pwd and user are not used at all, so
Mark removed them from arguments.

In doTestBasic() method you used the constants (USER, PWD) instead of
actual method arguments.

While reviewing this I corrected two small issues in

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko