On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM, jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 02/01/2012 09:59 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a patch to the jni library, I uploaded it to github for easy
>> commenting:
>>
>> https://github.com/costinm/**tomcat-native/commit/**
>> 5e7d4b45bfa542e4b099bfdc2bda42**3b9a6cc85d<https://github.com/costinm/tomcat-native/commit/5e7d4b45bfa542e4b099bfdc2bda423b9a6cc85d>
>>
>> Please let me know if it looks ok - I included a 'cmake' build, which can
>> generate a libtcnative.so with no
>> external dependencies - NPN requires the latest openssl1.0.1beta2, it may
>> be trickier to install with the normal
>> platform dependencies. ( only tested cmake on linux64 - when new ssl gets
>> included in more platforms it won't be
>> needed.)
>>

> Probably you should go ahead and commit it and arrange the configure to
> require the new version of openssl.

It's not that easy - I don't think there are deb/rpm with the new openssl,
having both old and
new at the same time may be tricky - and not everyone will need this
feature.

I tested the 'configure' with old openssl and with new openssl installed in
/usr/local ( i.e. with
2 versions of openssl in the same system ), it seems to work in both cases.
'cmake' is generating a tcnative.so that links in the openssl ( and apr)
dependencies, so it
can be installed in a system with no extra deps. I couldn't get this to
work with libtool ( in
particular the libtool we link from apr ).

Costin