On 16/02/2012 01:44, Costin Manolache wrote:
> That doesn't mean the application must receive the entire message as one
> byte[]
> or as a Stream.
> You can have a very large fragment but still read it in smaller buffers and
> notify
> the user of message start and for each fragment ( I guess like xml parsing
> ).

I see where you are coming from now. A purely message based API would be
possible in that case. The downside is increased complexity in the
applications as they would have to maintain additional state across
messages. I'm not completely against the approach, just not yet
convinced that the trade is worth it. I'd prefer to have some hard
evidence to work with but that is unlikely to be forthcoming until folks
start using this API. With that in mind, I'm going to focus on the
various contributions folks have made and move the implementation closer
to something that is usable.