On 29 February 2012 05:11, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/29 Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>:
>> Removed from svn. A dry run of the next release shows they are automatically
>> added to the source bundle.
>>

> 1. Where it takes those files from?  Is their content correct.
>
> Besides extra blank lines before and after the text in NOTICE file,

I'd forgotten about that - that's one reason why we don't use the
auto-generated N&L files in Commons.
[In a previous Maven release, IIRC the NOTICE file had even more
extraneous text]

Personally, I think it's a big mistake for the Apache Parent to
generate these files automatically.
They only apply to projects with no 3rd party dependencies or code.
IMO the N&L files are too important to be auto-generated.

Also, by using the auto-generated copies, SVN is left without any N&L
files at the head of the tree.

I would urge taglibs to use local copies of N&L files which can be
properly maintained in SVN, and ignore the auto-generated ones.