2012/6/6 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> On 05/06/2012 23:42, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> 2012/6/6  <ma...@apache.org>:
>>> Author: markt
>>> Date: Tue Jun  5 22:38:53 2012
>>> New Revision: 1346638

>>> Log:
>>> Remove unused file
>>>
>>> Removed:
>>>    tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/ant/antlib.xml
>>> Modified:
>>>    tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/   (props changed)
>>>
>>> Propchange: tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/
>>>  Merged /tomcat/trunk:r1346635
>>

>> Please explain, why do you think that this file is unused?
>
> Because:
> - it is not referenced anywhere in the code base

It should not be referenced. We do not bundle Ant with Tomcat.

> - it does not include JspC

Those tasks are related to server management. You do not need to
precompile JSPs for that.

It can be solved by adding the two missing tasks.

> - all our code examples (including the docs) use catalina.tasks to do
> the same thing

Though we do not directly use
  org/apache/catalina/ant/antlib.xml

we certainly do use the one here:
  org/apache/catalina/ant/jmx/antlib.xml

The latter one is mentioned in the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/monitoring.html

I would also say that antlib sounds like a more modern approach.

Anyway I am -1 on removing this file from stable versions. It may
break systems and I do not see what problem this removal solves.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko