[Filip Hanik]
The use case is very much valid, as if they had previously called that
method, your code will override it.
So in effect, you're hard coding the GC interval, but not letting a user
control it.
It's not tomcat's role to configure GC intervals. It may be that tomcat
somehow initiated the GC interval, and if that is the case, it must expose
the actual interval to the user. Tomcat should not change JVM settings
without letting the user configure them,

Filip