> From: Toby Hobson [mailto:toby.hob...@gmail.com]
> Subject: tomcat-dbcp compilation failures

> I'm now seeing compilation failures on the tomcat-dbcp project:

> tomcat7-deps/dbcp/src/java/org/apache/tomcat/dbcp/dbcp/BasicDataSource.java
> 53: error: BasicDataSource is not abstract and does not override abstract
> method getParentLogger() in CommonDataSource
>     [javac] public class BasicDataSource implements DataSource {

Looks like you're using an inappropriate JDK level.  As I recall, Tomcat 7 must
be built with JDK 6, although it can run on JRE/JDK 7 once built.

Sun/Oracle introduced incompatibilities in JDK 7, so developers cannot support
both in a single version of the code.  Tomcat 8 will use JDK 7.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.