> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: Automatic deployment changes

> 3. A warning is generate if a DIR in the appBase is ignored because
> there is a matching WAR and unpackWARs==false.

The doc at [1] contains this statement:

Note: After deployment, if both a WAR and a DIR are present, Tomcat always
serves content from the DIR for performance.

Does the "always" apply even if your point 3 above occurs?  The scenario I'm
thinking of is:

1. unpackWARs initially true
2. WAR and DIR exist in appBase
3. stop Tomcat
4. change unpackWARs to false
5. modify either WAR or DIR content, but not both
6. restart Tomcat

 - Chuck

[1] http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/auto-deployment-proposed.txt

attachments from all computers.