On Aug 6, 2013, at 4:22 AM, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:

> Mark,
>
> On 5.8.2013 22:56, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> The site has been updated with the various parts required for a new
>> major release (security, migration, download, docs, navigation, which
>> version etc.) but I haven't posted the release announcement yet to give
>> the remaining mirrors time to sync up.
>
> Great job.

Indeed. We've very excited over here.

> BTW, on Tomcat 8 migration guide [1] there is a broken link to resources
> documentation [2]. I guess, the right URL is:
>
>  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/resources.html
>
> -Ognjen
>

> [1] http://tomcat.apache.org/migration-8.html#Web_application_resources
> [2] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8-docs/config/resources.html

The migration guide says Tomcat 8 supports Expression Language 2.3. Should be
3.0. You (might) also want to call it Java Unified Expression Language. That's
the "official" name from my understanding, and EL 3.0 is much more capable of
being used outside of a JSP /easily/ than EL 2.3 was so the name is more
fitting.

Also, the migration guide says this:

> To assist with the identification of these changes, the form below may be
> used to view the differences between the configuration files in different
> versions of Tomcat 7.

However, this is not the case. I can only view the diff between 8.0.0-RC1 and
trunk. I can't select earlier (7.0) versions.

Nick