On 19/09/2013 11:21, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/9/18 Violeta Georgieva <miles...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will tag 7.0.43 later today.
>> If you need to put something in this version please reply here.
>
> I tried to reproduce the issue [1] with Tomcat 7.0.43 tag.
> There are only the warnings below and Tomcat starts. (catalina.bat run
> -security)

I didn't backport the refactoring that triggered [1] to 7.0.x.

> Sep 19, 2013 1:06:07 PM org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
> readConfiguration
> WARNING: Reading logging.properties is not permitted in some context. See
> "per context logging" in the default catalina.policy file.
> Sep 19, 2013 1:06:07 PM org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
> readConfiguration
> WARNING: Original error was: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
> java.util.logging.LogManager.debug read)
>

> OS: Windows 7 x64
> Java: jdk1.6.0_45
>

> I can see that Mark back-ported the fix for [1] in Tomcat 7 trunk.
> Testing with that fix the warnings disappeared and Tomcat starts.
>

> What should I do? Issue new tag 7.0.44?

Since no 7.0.43 tarballs have been uploaded, you can just deleted the
7.0.43 tag and re-tag.

I'm still looking at the issues Rainer found with 8.0.0-RC2. If you can
give me an hour or to to test my new solution, that could be part of the
tag.