Hi Mark,
thank you for your reply.

Hmm. But ...   :)

The complete javadoc for "maxMessageSize" [1] reads:

"Specifies the maximum size of message in bytes that the method this annotates
will be able to process, or -1 to indicate that there is no maximum. The
default is -1. This attribute only applies when the annotation is used to
process *whole messages*, not to those methods that process messages in parts
or use a stream or reader parameter to handle the incoming message. If the
incoming whole message exceeds this limit, then the implementation generates an
error and closes the connection using the reason that the message was too big."

To me this reads that by default (value = -1), there is no limit when
processing whole messages, so I think Tomcat should handle such large messages
when not using methods to read partial messages.

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer