Hi Mark,

Thank you for your efforts.
But, are you sure of the cause of this error?

I'm asking because I received the IOException (followed by a Closing of the
Websocket Connection by Tomcat) several minutes after drawing on the Drawboard
which doesn't seemed like an handshake issue.

I have now updated my local trunk to r1532722 and tested the scenario again -
and the Websocket close did still occur (but the onerror handler of the
Drawboard was not called so nothing showed up in the logs). The problem is that
Tomcat suddenly closed the Websocket connection which I think should not occur
in normal circumstances (and it doesn't with a non-SSL APR HTTP Connector).

What I did was:
1) Updated trunk to r1532722, set up an APR HTTP SSL connector on port 8443.
2) Then I updated the path "webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/websocket" to
r1532286 because I made a change to the Room implementation not to use an extra
thread, which means the "onMessage" method might now take longer before
returning - which might affect the reproducibility, but I'm not sure.
3) I opened the drawboard with Firefox and IE10, both with an HTTPS URL
(https://localhost:8443/...).
4) After several minutes of drawing in turn in Firefox and IE, the Websocket
Connection for IE was suddenly closed by Tomcat.

It's not a serious error, but I would expect Tomcat not to close the WebSocket
connection here.

Thanks,
Konstantin Preißer