2013/12/20 Violeta Georgieva <violet...@apache.org>:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.50 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.50/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-004/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_50/
>
> The proposed 7.0.50 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.50 Stable

Test suite passes on Windows 7 with all 3 connectors, built with
32-bit JDK 6u45 + 7u45.

Smoke testing and my webapps are OK.

Regarding the issues that are already fixed in 7.0.x:
a) The fix in r1552805 (NPE in o.a.coyote.Response.setContentType())
does not affect 7.0.50. A simple test does not trigger the error.
The code changed by that patch is actually not used, but similar code
in o.a.catalina.connector.Request.setContentType() is used instead.

b) Ignoring errors in Jasper and broken validation (bug 55973) are an
issue only when it is used standalone (e.g. JSPC). I think it is not a
stopper.

When used in Tomcat the files are parsed twice by Catalina and by
Jasper, and Catalina will report all those errors.

A simple test that TLD errors are reported in 7.0.50:
1. Place the following file as ROOT/WEB-INF/broken.tld
[[[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<taglib xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd";
    version="2.0">
  <foo-bar />
</taglib>
]]]
2. Enable validation. Start Tomcat.
3. The (non-fatal) parse error is logged twice:
a) by org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester error
b) by org.apache.tomcat.util.descriptor.XmlErrorHandler logFindings

Thus 7.0.50 is OK.

I have not tested ValidatorTask. I suspect that it will print errors,
but wouldn't fail a build. I think the old code behaves the same, so
it is not a regression.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko