> On 18/02/2014 17:43, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>> On 18/02/2014 13:07, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip/>

>>> OK. The error is valid. You have a 2.5 web.xml using 3.0 syntax.
>>> However, if the base web.xml is using 2.5, then there should not have
>>> been any merging. Hmm.
>>>
>>> What schema does /WEB-INF/web.xml declare in your app and where is
>>> TestFilter declared not to support async?
>>>

>> In WebXml.toXml()  lines 715-716 (in trunk)
>> [[[
>>             appendElement(sb, INDENT4, "async-supported",
>>                     filterDef.getAsyncSupported());
>> ]]]
>>
>> needs to be wrapped by an if(version>=...).
>>
>> I tested that default conf/web.xml serializes/parses correctly  but it
>> has no <filter>s in it, so apparently it slipped.
>
> There are two issues here.
>
> One is the issue cited above although it is much wider than just
> async-supported. I'm working though the specs now and I'll extend the
> test cases as I go.

It it becomes too complicated,

Alternative ways:
a)
Write out only those elements that are read by Jasper.

b) Re-implement asking this info from container,
but keep web.xml parser for standalone JspC.

c)
Just turn off validation.

> The second issue is why tldValidation is controlling this. That I'll
> look at once validation is fixed.
>

>From a quick look,
a) there is no separate option to control this.
(neither in catalina's Globals, nor in jasper's Constants, nor in JspC)

b) The parsing itself occurs in
jasper.compiler.JspConfig#processWebDotXml()

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko