> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if there is any plan regarding the EOL of Tomcat 6. Debian
> Jessie is due to be released next year and should be supported until at
> least 2017. If Tomcat 6 was to be EOLed during this time frame the
> Debian maintainers would have to support it without the help of the
> upstream developers which is not desirable. In this case it might be
> preferable to drop Tomcat 6 from the next Debian release.

I would not expect it to last into 2017.

There is also no automated testsuite for Tomcat 6, so it is easier to
break things when backporting (and requires more review).

It is already known that the next version of ECJ compiler does not run
on Java 5 anymore.

My personal feeling is that I would expect an EOL announcement
sometime this year (ApacheCon EU in late autumn?), which gives 1,5
more years, until end of 2015.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko