On 12/06/2014 15:55, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>> -1.
>>
>> These log messages indicate problems that users need to do something to
>> fix. While I've no problem with reducing error -> warning, logging them
>> at info is not acceptable.
>>

> Ok. This indicates a potential leak, about which the user may or may not
> care about. This is never an error however, and I think warn is also too
> high since the user may not even be able to fix it.

Thanks for the changes.

Fixing BZ 50175 should address the leaks the cases where it is safe for
the user not to care about them.

If the leak is in a third party library then while the user might not be
able to fix it directly they can raise a bug against that library and/or
raise an enhancement request for Tomcat to add something to the memory
leak prevention code. We have had quite a few leaks fixed / worked
around this way since this code was introduced.