> All,
>
> I've spent some time trying to script a soup-to-nuts repeatable build of
> tcnative on win32. I've made some progress but I'm hitting a few snags
> that perhaps some folks could help with.
>
> First, I want the script to fetch as much stuff as possible for the user
> instead of relying on a great deal of previously-installed software. My
> current requirements -- other than MSVC++ -- are for wget.exe and
> 7za.exe to be available. If anyone knows how to script an HTTP download
> or a ZIP-decompress from a Windows command-line without either of those
> tools, I'd greatly appreciate some insight.

Maybe Java + Apache Ant?

Or maybe NAnt has some tasks for that
http://nant.sourceforge.net/

> (This is where I mention that, really, getting anything done on Windows
> that doesn't involve Microsoft Excel and nothing else is absolutely
> excruciating. Running Windows 8 in a VM means that even editing my batch
> script is a challenge, as the meta keys from Mac -> Windows don't match
> up and I feel like I'm learning to type all over again. Sign.)

For simple editing I use FAR Manager built-in editor.
http://www.farmanager.com/screenshots.php?l=en

> We need to patch both openssl and libapr before building them, so we
> need "patch". There's a GNU win32 ports project where I can get
> patch.exe, but its got two problems:
> (....)

This package? How did you install it? (Interactive installer, or zip).
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

[quote] from "Installation, Usage and Help" of the above page
On MS-Windows, the patchfile must be a text file, i.e. CR-LF must be
used as line endings. A file with LF may give the error: "Assertion
failed, hunk, file patch.c, line 343," unless the option '--binary' is
given.
[/quote]

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko