Hi Mark,

I will look into this on Monday.

Rgds,Rory

On 22/08/2014 16:54, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 22/08/2014 09:55, Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland wrote:
Hi Mladen/Mark,

Early Access build for JDK 9 b27 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/>  is
available on java.net, summary of changes here
<http://www.java.net/download/jdk9/changes/jdk9-b27.html>
Rory,

I've been working on WebSocket permessage-deflate recently and I'm using
java.util.zip.[Inflator|Defaltor]

Currently, those classes do not expose an API to enable the user to
choose a window size (it defaults to the maximum). How do I go about
making an enhancement request to get such an API added so that we can
fully implement WebSocket permessage-deflate and provide full control
over the window size without having to find an alternative DEFLATE
implementation?

Cheers,

Mark

I'd also like to use this opportunity to point you to ongoing work in
OpenJDK on Project Jigsaw.

     - JDK 9's source code is now modular:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2014-August/001220.html

     - Mark Reinhold's post providing some context is available on his
blog: http://mreinhold.org/blog/jigsaw-phase-two

     - The first two Project Jigsaw JEPs have been posted at
http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/200 & http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/201 .

You can also track the progress on the JEPs in the JDK Bug System now -
the corresponding JBS issue for JEP 201 is
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8051619 , for example.

Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome on the jigsaw-dev
mailing list. (If you haven’t already subscribed to that list then
please do so first, otherwise your message will be discarded as spam.)

Rgds,Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager