Rémy,

On 11/12/14 8:19 AM, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>> +12. Consider wrapping the SocketWrapper with a facade to detect / prevent
>> +    components retaining references longer than they should.
>>
> There are numerous problem detection facilities in Tomcat, which is good
> to have by default I suppose. However, there should also be a general
> detection-free flag (on the server ?) to disable all of this.

+1

Cleanly-written applications shouldn't need this kind of thing which
will add a small amount of execution overhead and a small amount of heap
pollution. Fortunately, most of these wrappers should not end up
escaping eden since they are so short-lived.

How would this be different from org.apache.catalina.connector.
RECYCLE_FACADES=true?

-chris