Le 29/05/2015 12:19, Konstantin Kolinko a écrit :
> (cc: Emmanuel, as he participated in related thread a year ago)

Thank you Konstantin, I'm still subscribed to the list though.

> The following search:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=tomcat
>
> shows that Tomcat 6 packages are present in
> "squeeze (oldoldstable) "
> "squeeze-lts"
> "wheezy (oldstable)"
>
> but current stable ("jessie (stable)") has only 7 and 8.

Actually Debian 8 "Jessie" still has a tomcat6 source package, but it
builds only the Servlet API 2.5.

For Debian 9 "Stretch" to be released in 2017 we'll probably remove the
tomcat7 package and provide Tomcat 8 & 9. That means Debian wouldn't
need support for Tomcat 7 after April 2020.

Tomcat 6 in Debian has been on a downtrend since April 2013, Tomcat 7
overtook it in September 2014 and is still gaining in popularity despite
the availability of Tomcat 8 [1]. The figures for Ubuntu are very
different, Tomcat 6 still has 8 times more installations than Tomcat 7,
and Tomcat 8 is inexistent [2].

Emmanuel Bourg

[1]
https://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=tomcat6+tomcat7+tomcat8&show_installed=on&want_legend=on&want_ticks=on&hlght_date=&date_fmt=%25Y-%25m&beenhere=1