Had a quick look through the code and, definitely, it could only be used for
read-only cases where no JTA transaction or transaction of any kind was needed.

Anish, this doesn't sound at all like what you are after.  You seem to be after
a way to configure a feature on your DB2 driver itself.  From just the
description, it sounds like this driver will repeat the queries on all
databases configured akin to a disk raid level 1 (mirroring).

Can you verify with your DB administrators?

-David