Hi David,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM, David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> ...We are also wondering why it's been over three years since the last
>> PMC addition, that sounds like a very long time.
>
> We do everything on the dev@ list -- we even added our last PMC members on
> the dev@ list.
> We don't really use the private@ list...

Making minimal use of your private list is great, but you still need
PMC members to vote on new committers and releases for example, as
it's only PMC member's votes that are binding.

I guess the board's comment about a long time between PMC members
election is based on making sure that you are renewing your PMC roster
when people stop being active - if you have a sufficient number of
active PMC members there's no immediate concern.

-Bertrand