Hi,
Is their an example out there which demonstrates connecting to the EJB
deployed on Websphere from TomEE instance?

I did try to do so by using tomee.xml file but did not help:
<tomee>
  <JndiProvider id=&quot;&lt;jndiName>" type="javax.naming.InitialContext">
    java.naming.provider.url =
corbaname:iiop:<hostName>:<port>/NameServiceServerRoot
    java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory
  </JndiProvider>
</tomee>

On run time I see this in my Initial Context:
{java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.naming:org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming}