+1

Side note: I have been looking at the 'sometimes' failing StatelessInstanceManagerPoolingTest.

The issue is not the Thread.join, I tried the same fix but does not work - If we join on each thread then we get a better chance, but only due to forcing threads to run sequentially and timing. The issue is the the teardown is called which calls OpenEJB.destroy. The shutdown does not take into account running call contexts and they get interrupted. This kills the threads in the 'explode' call and more often than not they never complete - discardedInstances.incrementAndGet() never gets called in this case, and the test fails. It seems wrong to me for the destroy to be so aggressive, it should surely give call context threads some time to complete.

Andy.