yes and no. How do you replace tomee EJB implementation? you can't. JPA is
quite particular cause not that portable at the end usage but except JSF
other specs are very portable.

However, keep in mind that in the case of JSON, you can always replace
johnzon implementation since some years. You just need to set both
implementations as inactive (through the .active=false system prop) and add
your custom global ones to the user system property.

So to summarize:

1. you can use any custom json provider from your app
2. you can use any custom provider globally for all apps
3. you can setup any custom provider programmatically through an extension
mecanism if you prefer
4. you can ignore johnzon configuring it as ignored

This is why I'm not really following you and I don't understand what you
are trying to achieve

Romain Manni-Bucau