Hello everyone,

I have performed some comparison between TomEE 8.0.0-M1 Plus and MP.
The average startup time for TomEE  8.0.0-M1 Plus using java 11, on my laptop
with Core i5, SSD and 16 GB of RAM  is: 1,303 ms
The average startup time for TomEE  8.0.0-M1 MP using java 11, on my laptop
with Core i5, SSD and 16 GB of RAM  is: 1,824 ms
I was expecting the opposite.

Looking at the TomEE 8.0.0-M1 logs, I saw:
22-Oct-2018 14:25:46.872 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters
failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log
file
22-Oct-2018 14:25:46.873 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/docs] startup
failed due to previous errors
22-Oct-2018 14:25:47.116 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters
failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log
file
22-Oct-2018 14:25:47.116 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/host-manager]
startup failed due to previous errors
22-Oct-2018 14:25:47.306 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters
failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log
file
22-Oct-2018 14:25:47.307 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/manager]
startup failed due to previous errors
22-Oct-2018 14:25:47.497 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters
failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log
file
22-Oct-2018 14:25:47.497 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [] startup
failed due to previous errors

I didn't see those entries in TomEE 8.0.0-M1 Plus during startup: maybe this
can explain the startup time difference ? Is it an issue ?

BTW, could you confirm or not to me that the difference between TomEE 8 Plus
and TomEE 8 MP are:

*         TomEE MP doesn't have Concurrency utilities for EE support (available
in Web Profile)

*         TomEE MP doesn't have JPA support (available in Web Profile)

*         TomEE MP doesn't have JAX-WS support (available  in Plus)

*         TomEE MP doesn't have JCA support (available in Plus)

*         TomEE MP doesn't have JMS support (available  in Plus)

*         TomEE MP doesn't have JBatch support (available in Plus)

Could you also confirm to me or not, that TomEE 8 MP:

*         Will have CDI 2.0 support ?

*         Will have JSON-P 1.1 support ?

*         Will have JAX-RS 2.1 support ?

*         Will have JSON-B 1.0 support ?

Best Regards.
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may
contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either
whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free
from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted
virus.