Hi José,

We just got Jon answering a similar question yesterday so I'm going to
copy/paste his answer as it totally applies to your query.

Welcome to the community! We have a few things going on with TomEE at the
> moment including:
>
> * Java EE 8 support
> * Java 11 support
> * Microprofile examples
>
> In addition, improvements to the website, documentation and any patches are
> welcome. I myself am looking at MicroProfile JWT 1.1 support which is
> almost there, and also some experimentation with security managers on the
> side (likely quite a challenge). If either of those sound interesting to
> you, I'm happy to give you some pointers. Similarly, if you like the sound
> of something else, that is cool too, and I'm sure one of us can give you
> something to get started on.
>
> Is there a particular area of interest that you'd like to dive into? If
> you're completely new to TomEE, I'd suggest starting by grabbing the server
> and trying your existing applications on it. The general idea is "if it
> runs on Tomcat, it should run on TomEE". There are some cases where that
> doesn't quite hold true, but it should be possible for the most part.
> Similarly if you have apps on WildFly, Glassfish or another server, give
> them a go and see how you get on. Its great to see new people come to the
> project looking to help out, thank you!

Hope it helps.
If not, feel free to shot again and we'd be happy to help in any possible
way.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro