No idea. Those wars are quick to build and deploy, so I don't think its a
performance thing.

Maybe when we first did this jax-rs wasn't part of webprofile (and hence we
had a jaxrs flavor of TomEE in addition to webprofile) - potentially those
wars would have failed to deploy on the webprofile version of TomEE. This
is all a guess, but might be feasible.

Jon