> On Jun 30, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Jonathan Gallimore
> <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks
>
> I'm digging through an unusual problem, specifically using @LocalClient
> inside an application. There's some old documentation here:
> http://tomee.apache.org/local-client-injection.html, which suggests that
> you can include @LocalClient beans inside an EJB module, and EJB Client
> module and even in a collapsed-EAR (war?).
>
> I have added one to a .war file, and it isn't picked up. The AppModule has
> an EjbModule, but there is no ClientModule ever created. Should this work,
> or should I be packaging this as an EAR?

I think the more relevant question is what do we want the behavior to be?

When I hacked up that feature the primary need was getting dependency injection
test cases that used the EJB 3.1 javax.ejb.embedded.EJBContainer.  Looks like I
was confident enough to say it worked in .war files, but I also see it was
2009.  At that time "TomEE" was still the OpenEJB-Tomcat-integration and
Arquillian was being written.

So no TomEE, Arquillian or TomEE Arquillian Adapter to help us test it.  It may
have worked and then broke due to no test coverage.  It may have only worked
"conceptually", meaning not actually :)

If the docs say it should work, we should maybe give that a shot and this time
write an Arquillian test case for it.

-David