Dammit, accidentally hit send far too soon. Here's the whole message:

Hi folks

Thanks for the reviews and feedback so far.

I've seen a couple of comments come in that I just wanted to
briefly address.

The vote is TomEE 8.0.4 *and* 9.0.0-M2. A +1 is a +1 for both. You can't
vote +1 for 8.0.4 and 0 (or abstain) for 9.0.0-M2, for example. I can
cancel this vote, re-roll, and issue a separate vote for the 2, if we wish.
I didn't do this on this occasion, because we're producing the binary that
uses javax (8.0.4) and then transforming it to produce the version that
uses jakarta (9.0.0-M2), but can do so going forward.

We don't expect 9.0.0-M2 to be perfect. We're grateful if you can report
issues you find, but that shouldn't necessarily block the release. I
totally understand that migrating your own projects to the jakarta
namespace is a big deal and unlikely to be feasible for a vote. If you can
check you can download it and boot it up, and check for any legal issues,
bad libraries etc, that helps. If you'd like an example app to try, do try
building the moviefun example. That (like many of the examples) produces
both javax and jakarta .war files.

Jean-Louis is going to run the TCK against this, which is fantastic. A
couple of notes here to set expectations - I'm not expecting a full pass,
but I'm also not expecting regressions, so passing the TCK shouldn't block
the release. I did have to comment out the new security module (sorry -
there were some JAX-RS test failures with it), so those tests still won't
pass.

Hope that all makes sense, but please ask any questions you may have. Many
thanks again for your reviews.

Jon