At least two people (David Blevins and Cesar Hernandez) have expressed the idea
that the “static site” should not be generated by Antora.  I’ve been wondering
why, and what the “static site” might be.  The home page of the current site
seems like the most obvious candidate, so I decided to learn a little bit of
css…

Investigating the source of the current home page, it appears to be a
hodgepodge of outdated table layout and scripts and css whose origin is not
clear to me.  Understanding what it does I found rather difficult.

I’ve replicated most of the features of the current home page in an .adoc page
rendered by Antora.  I learned enough css for now, so I didn’t pursue an exact
replica.  I imagine that for someone who knows a reasonable amount of css
finishing the synchronization would be easy.

Present:

- Layout and images
- general behavior of hover animation

Missing:

- clipping on background image
- “typewriter” effect on subtitle (personally this reminds me of a “blink”
tag….)
- specific details of hover animation

I find the .adoc source very clear about the structure of the resulting page,
and the css is really quite short and to the point.  I can easily understand
and work with both.

What is better about the current situation?

——————

Preview:  https://tomee-preview.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/

branches “home-page” at

- tomee-antora <https://github.com/djencks/tomee-antora> (playbook)

- tomee-antora-ui <https://github.com/djencks/tomee-antora-ui>

— css: src/css/home-doc.css, src/css/home.css
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djencks/tomee-antora-ui/home-page/src/css/home-doc.css)
— layout: src/layouts/home-page.hbs, src/partials/home-body.hbs

- tomee-site-generator <https://github.com/djencks/tomee-site-generator>

— tomee/modules/ROOT/pages/home-page.adoc
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djencks/tomee-site-generator/home-page/tomee/modules/ROOT/pages/home-page.adoc)

David Jencks