I’ve rebased my branches on current work, added 9.0 docs and implemented
javax/jakarta via an attribute, and pushed the preview.

You can see the javax/jakarta at work by looking at different versions of
https://tomee-preview.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/tomee/9.0/jpa-concepts.html#_valid_resource_local_unit_usage

I think a few pages got added to explain 9.0 but I don’t think they are in the
right place in any of my branches.  Could someone point me to all the new pages?

I asked about this in perhaps february with no response, but I’ll try again
since the situation is now 25% worse.

With the exception of a few pages getting dropped as time went on, there are
now 5 identical copies of every page in the docs component.  The original is in
tomes-site, where I found it.  In order to prevent the sort of unintended drift
that plagues the current site, the other copies are all made to be identical
with include stubs, like this:

include::{common-vc}::page$unix-daemon.adoc[]

I’m not sure supplying identical copies of the documentation  that claim to be
for different versions is entirely desirable.  Presumably we need two copies
for javax/jakarta, but I’m not sure the one in tomee-site (from CMS) or the
identical 7.0, 7.1, and 8.0 versions are truly essential.

Next I may look into the examples. IIUC the java source for them is going to
remain as javax for the foreseeable future.  I think that means that the
README’s should also remain javax-only. Among other things this should enable
easy inclusion of source-code snippets and avoid confusion when the doc says
jakarta and the source says javax.

I suggested earlier that there’s no need for more than one version of the
examples.  I haven’t changed my mind on this and although someone didn’t seem
to like the idea, I didn’t see any arguments why having more than one version
was a good idea.  Since IMO the largest problem with the docs site is that
there’s too much outdated useless and wrong content, and it’s nearly totally
disorganized, I think reducing the size will make everything else easier.

BTW if anyone wants to try editing asciidoc I recommend using intellij tools
with the asciidctor plugin.  It’s fairly Antora-aware and is by far the best
tool I’ve found.  IDEA CE works fine for this.

David Jencks