All,

Just an FYI….

Today, our vulnerability scanners started alerting us to this CVE when we
pulled the Official Tomcat image.  I have opened a ticket with
docker-library-tocmat to see if they can rebuild the images, as this was
address in the OpenJDK layer.  After I sorted that out, I wondered if TomEE was
vulnerable as well.  The good news is we are not.  The difference is Tomcat is
build OpenJDK’s JDK and we use the JRE.  It would seem the affecting library,
libbsd0, is not found on the JRE.

Again, there is nothing for us to do, but I thought you may all want to be
aware.

If you have any questions, please reach out.

Thanks,
Rod.

PS:  It is not lost on me that it is a fairly old vulnerability.  I am not sure
why it started to notify us today, something else I will have to research.