Hey Rod,

One of the ideas Richard mentioned is a script that can audit an install and
flag up issues like showServerInfo="false".

With your scripting skills, are you perhaps interested in working on something
like that?  We could include the script in the bin/ directory and people could
run it to get say a multi-line output of pass/fail lines.  Maybe something like
the old System V startup output that has the left-aligned text with
right-aligned green or red status.

We could potentially have a page on the website like the Tomcat one and then go
section by section and add checks to the audit script (one output line each
check), then at the end of the script it can print the link to the doc.

Just thinking out loud -- not sure what you have on your plate.

-David