Migration to Mercurial
======================

OpenOffice.org developers,

here - as promised - some information about the migration of the DEV300 code line to Mercurial.

The next milestone DEV300 m63 will be the last milestone published via SVN. Newer milestone will only be available from the Mercurial repository (http://hg.services.openoffice.org/DEV300).

The SVN server will still be available for some time to come. Please continue your work on your existing SVN hosted child workspaces as usual. You don't need to migrate your CWS immediately. You are only required to migrate your CWS if you need to update it to DEV300 m64 or later. Please see the migration guide for details.

From now on, new child workspaces should be Mercurial hosted. You will still be able to create a new DEV300 m63 based SVN hosted child workspace, but this just means unnecessary migration work later.

Please don't hesitate to contact me per email or IRC if you have questions. My IRC nick is 'blauwal'.

Documentation:
--------------

Main entry point:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mercurial

Setting up Mercurial:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_up_Mercurial

Basic hg usage: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOo_and_Mercurial

CWS handling:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MercurialCws

Migrating child workspaces to Mercurial:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MercurialMigration

If you find errors in the documentation, not just technical errors but also embarrassing spelling and grammar mistakes, please feel free to correct them. It's a Wiki after all.

Regards,
  Heiner

--
Jens-Heiner Rechtien