On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 11:13 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 28/06/2010 23:16, Ben Engbers wrote:
> > I have a laptop running Fedora 12 and tred to build the latest version
> > of OpenOffice.
> > Can anyody help me in building OpenOffice 3.2.1?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ben

> > configure: error: Library requirements (silgraphite ) not met; consider
> > adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in
> > a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
> > => yum install sil-padauk-fonts.noarch
>
> i don't think that a font package (noarch) is the right one.
> there must be some kind of graphite-devel package, but my Fedora box is at
> home, so i don't know the name.

silgraphite isn't packaged in Fedora yet, so there isn't any such
development package.

> or you can configure --without-system-graphite.

That would clear the above dependency,  but people do seem to get into a
total muddle with the configure options. The default options are the
best to go for unless you have a specific need to tailor them. i.e. the
above must have had a --with-system-libs or --with-system-silgraphite
passed to configure

./configure
make

C.