I found this article
<http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases>
explaining podling releases. It appears we should our own directory, under
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/, to distribute our releases. This
<http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html> seems to be the
complete release process for binary package for apache projects. I found
all of these links (and more) on the dev package under the releases section
<http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases>.