Hi,

I am trying to setup my windows machine as a remote client by installing
Jupyter+toree to use Spark cluster which is on cloud(IBM Bluemix).

I have installed jupyter+toree. I have also extracted Spark 1.6 on my
windows machineā€¦
When I run Jupyter, its works with Python3 kernel, however the Toree Scala
Kernel fails to work.

My objective is to make this Toree-Scala kernel to work with the Spark
Cloud instance.
Where do I need to change the configuration?(my assumption is local
spark-default.conf)
Note: My Spark Cloud instance is configured to use Yarn

My local spark-defaul.conf looks like

# Default system properties included when running spark-submit.
# This is useful for setting default environmental settings.

# Example:
# spark.master                     spark://master:7077
# spark.eventLog.enabled           true
# spark.eventLog.dir               hdfs://namenode:8021/directory
# spark.serializer
org.apache.spark.serializer.KryoSerializer
# spark.driver.memory              5g
# spark.executor.extraJavaOptions  -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Dkey=value
-Dnumbers="one two three"

Spark Cloud instance spark-default.conf looks like :

spark.yarn.applicationMaster.waitTries       10
spark.yarn.submit.file.replication       3
spark.history.kerberos.principal       none
spark.yarn.historyServer.address    xxxxxxxxxxxxx:18080
spark.yarn.queue       default
spark.yarn.scheduler.heartbeat.interval-ms       5000
spark.history.kerberos.keytab       none
spark.driver.extraJavaOptions       -Diop.version={{iop_full_version}}
spark.eventLog.dir       hdfs://xxxxxxxxxxxx/iop/apps/4.1.0.0/spark/logs/
spark.history.ui.port       18080
spark.yarn.preserve.staging.files       false
spark.yarn.driver.memoryOverhead       384
spark.yarn.containerLauncherMaxThreads       25
spark.eventLog.enabled       true
spark.yarn.max.executor.failures       3
spark.yarn.jar       hdfs://xxxxxxxxxxxx:8020/iop/apps/
4.1.0.0/spark/jars/spar
spark.yarn.am.extraJavaOptions       -Diop.version={{iop_full_version}}
spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead       384

where xxxxxxxxx was the actual IP address.

--
Vinayak Agrawal

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find and Not to Yield!"
~Lord Alfred Tennyson