KEYS file should be at the top of the source tree and also inside the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/toree/ dir.
markdown files support comments so ideally the apache license header should be
added.
When in doubt, keep the NOTICE file as small as possible. I would probably err
on the side of keeping it out of the NOTICE file for now and retain the
copyright line in the LICENSE file. I would recommending adding a couple of
lines in the incubator vote for folks to review the license/notice files
carefully as this is the first release.
For the one license per type - not a stop-ship but something to look at in the
future based on comments from the IPMC vote.
test-jars: Any reason they cannot be downloaded as part of the tests and
cached? In any case, as long as there is an ALv2 lineage for them, this is not
a stop-ship for now.

thanks
— Hitesh