[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOREE-327?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16123264#comment-16123264
 ] 

Igor Melnichenko commented on TOREE-327:
----------------------------------------

This issue (as well as other CDH-related issues) is addressed in [my 
fork|https://github.com/Myllyenko/incubator-toree].
In case if someone is interested: namely this issue can be resolved by [a 
proper Akka 
shading|https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40720088/scala-sbt-how-to-configure-reference-conf-for-a-shaded-akka-library/40844007#40844007].

> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.relay.KernelMessageRelay does not 
> implement the requested interface akka.actor.StashSupport
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TOREE-327
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOREE-327
>             Project: TOREE
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 0.1.0
>         Environment: RHEL 7.2 
> CDH 5.7 Spark Gateway Role (Spark 1.6.0) 
> Jupyter 4.1.0
>            Reporter: William Lau
>
> Encountered the following error when starting the Toree kernel in the Jupyter 
> notebook:
> {code}
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 INFO toree.Main$$anon$1: Kernel version: 
> 0.1.0.dev9-incubating-SNAPSHOT
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 INFO toree.Main$$anon$1: Scala version: Some(2.10.4)
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 INFO toree.Main$$anon$1: ZeroMQ (JeroMQ) version: 3.2.2
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 INFO toree.Main$$anon$1: Initializing internal actor system
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 INFO slf4j.Slf4jLogger: Slf4jLogger started
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 ERROR actor.OneForOneStrategy: exception during creation
> akka.actor.ActorInitializationException: exception during creation
>       at akka.actor.ActorInitializationException$.apply(Actor.scala:218)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:578)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.invokeAll$1(ActorCell.scala:425)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:447)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:262)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:218)
>       at 
> akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
>       at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>       at akka.util.Reflect$.instantiate(Reflect.scala:65)
>       at akka.actor.Props.newActor(Props.scala:337)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.newActor(ActorCell.scala:534)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:560)
>       ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.relay.KernelMessageRelay does not 
> implement the requested interface akka.actor.StashSupport
>       at akka.actor.StashSupport$class.$init$(Stash.scala:120)
>       at 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.relay.KernelMessageRelay.<init>(KernelMessageRelay.scala:44)
>       ... 17 more
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 ERROR actor.OneForOneStrategy: exception during creation
> akka.actor.ActorInitializationException: exception during creation
>       at akka.actor.ActorInitializationException$.apply(Actor.scala:218)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:578)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.invokeAll$1(ActorCell.scala:425)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:447)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:262)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:218)
>       at 
> akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
>       at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>       at akka.util.Reflect$.instantiate(Reflect.scala:65)
>       at akka.actor.Props.newActor(Props.scala:337)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.newActor(ActorCell.scala:534)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:560)
>       ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class 
> org.apache.toree.communication.security.SignatureManagerActor does not 
> implement the requested interface akka.actor.StashSupport
>       at akka.actor.StashSupport$class.$init$(Stash.scala:120)
>       at 
> org.apache.toree.communication.security.SignatureManagerActor.<init>(SignatureManagerActor.scala:30)
>       ... 17 more
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 ERROR actor.OneForOneStrategy: exception during creation
> akka.actor.ActorInitializationException: exception during creation
>       at akka.actor.ActorInitializationException$.apply(Actor.scala:218)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:578)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.invokeAll$1(ActorCell.scala:425)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:447)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:262)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:218)
>       at 
> akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
>       at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>       at akka.util.Reflect$.instantiate(Reflect.scala:65)
>       at akka.actor.Props.newActor(Props.scala:337)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.newActor(ActorCell.scala:534)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:560)
>       ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.handler.GenericSocketMessageHandler does 
> not implement the requested interface akka.actor.StashSupport
>       at akka.actor.StashSupport$class.$init$(Stash.scala:120)
>       at 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.handler.GenericSocketMessageHandler.<init>(GenericSocketMessageHandler.scala:43)
>       ... 17 more
> 16/06/29 09:02:09 ERROR actor.OneForOneStrategy: exception during creation
> akka.actor.ActorInitializationException: exception during creation
>       at akka.actor.ActorInitializationException$.apply(Actor.scala:218)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:578)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.invokeAll$1(ActorCell.scala:425)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:447)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:262)
>       at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:218)
>       at 
> akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
>       at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
>       at 
> scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>       at akka.util.Reflect$.instantiate(Reflect.scala:65)
>       at akka.actor.Props.newActor(Props.scala:337)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.newActor(ActorCell.scala:534)
>       at akka.actor.ActorCell.create(ActorCell.scala:560)
>       ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.handler.ShutdownHandler does not 
> implement the requested interface akka.actor.StashSupport
>       at akka.actor.StashSupport$class.$init$(Stash.scala:120)
>       at 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.handler.BaseHandler.<init>(BaseHandler.scala:27)
>       at 
> org.apache.toree.kernel.protocol.v5.handler.ShutdownHandler.<init>(ShutdownHandler.scala:36)
>       ... 17 more
> {code}
> I am using a self build package from the latest master (to get around 
> TOREE-324). 
> Before this I was trying a self-compiled build from the spark-kernel project 
> and I encountered the same exception when starting the kernel in the notebook.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Reply via email to