+0

I don't know if small libraries _require_ approval, but getting community
input doesn't hurt. We just want to be careful about using large libraries
that could stop being maintained, and difficult to replace. Or that could
introduce security vulnerabilities. And that licenses are compatible, of
course.

`gocovmerge` is licensed BSD 2-Clause, which is fine (@lavu1241 here's the
list, if you don't have it already:
https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a). It looks like it isn't
really popular or well-maintained, but it's also tiny and trivial to
rewrite if we have to. If it were me, I'd probably just write it myself,
but I'm a +0 on adding it.