I should add that there are two further options which have been pointed out to
me:

1) Server table flag - when marked, nothing is routed to the host at
all.  Not as configurable as option 3, but more so than option 2.  Faster
than option 2 as it would be returned with existing search results and
could be easily filtered on.  Minor UI change only.
2) Profile parameter - when marked, nothing is routed to any host
with this profile.  Heavy handed, and would require additional profile
parameter lookups when generating the crconfig, so it'd slow it down. No UI
change.
3) deliveryservice_servers table flag - an additional column that is
true by default.  When desired, the user could pull up a sub-window within
the delivery service configuration that would present a list of the hosts
which have been assigned to the delivery service (and are not of org
type).  The user could deselect the desired hosts, setting the DSS routing
value to false.  This server would then be ignored when generating the
crconfig data for that specific delivery service.  This would be the most
configurable option, and should be as quick as option 1, but would require
the most extensive code changes.
4) Column in the “type” table. Like option 1, this would apply at the server
level.
5) Column in the “profile” table.  Like option 2, this would apply at the
profile level.

So it’s a question of which level is preferred, I suppose - delivery service,
server, or profile?  Any of the three will resolve the issue, but the DS level
fix, while being the most complex to code and add to the UI, will create the
most flexibility.  The question is do we need that flexibility and do we want
the added complexity which accompanies it?

DG

On Aug 22, 2017, at 6:22 PM, Gelinas, Derek