What if CHANGLOG.md includes 2 things:

1. a link to 2.2 issues (i.e.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.2.0
2. a bulleted list of 2.2 gotchas (i.e. Traffic Ops Golang doesn't connect
to a Riak with self-signed certificates; Riak security grant needs updated;
upgrade param needed for ds routing names, etc, etc...)

But again this requires everyone to create issues (with a milestone) in
which one or more PR's can be attached to.

Dave, you said "If you are developing a new feature you could easily end up
with 5 or more PRs"

So in this case, I'd expect 1 issue and 5 PR's linked to that 1 issue...

Jeremy