> On Jan 9, 2018, at 10:22 AM, Dave Neuman <neu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Looks like this thread died over the holidays.  Let me try to bring it back
> up before we cut a 2.2 branch.
> Can you please respond with *just* the following:
>
> [X] +1 to adding a changelog.MD file
> [] -1 to adding a changelog.MD file
>
> [] +1 to adding a changelog label in github
> [X] -1 to adding a changelog label in github

To add to the previous thread / thoughts. I feel reasonably strongly that
having a changelog label in Github is not useful. In the ATS community, we can
*barely* get people to set the Milestone properly, and I feel that the
Milestone is a much more important thing to keep accurate than anything else.
And, to be normalized, you don’t want to duplicate this info :-).

So, what we do is have the RM be like a hawk over the Milestones, and then run
Phil’s fancy pants script to generate the ChangeLog from the Milestones on all
PRs closed.

Cheers,

— leif