For our particular use case, it is important that if a secondary IP is down,
the traffic does not move to the primary IP.

This use case relates to use of the source IP address to differentiate traffic
for billing purposes. We don’t want traffic to move to the primary IP as this
would miscategorize the traffic.

—Eric