If you've found some Perl endpoints that aren't returning the modified
record, I think that's definitely a bug, and there should be GitHub
issues filed to fix them (unless they're already fixed in the Go
implementation). The API should always return the modified resource,
and the client should have immediate access to the modified resource
without needing a subsequent GET after every PUT/POST.

At least for some new Go endpoints I'm working on, I'm going to make
the client decode the json responses, but I think we should definitely
consider making that the standard with our API clients.

-Rawlin