How do you return the EOS event? You would need to do it in response to a
normal IO call, instead of return WRITE_READY or similar. If you've already
read all the input, you'd need to return it on the write side.

You might adjusting the VIO nbytes to convince the VIO that it's finished all
of its writing.

I'm fighting with the same issue inside ATS, terminating a connection / tunnel
cleanly without crashing.