On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 18:08 -0500, Alan Carroll wrote:
> Currently only std::vector is approved for use in the core. In general
> though you should try to arrange things so that you don't need to do any
> memory allocation in the main path. Allocation should be relatively rare.
>
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Dk Jack <dnj0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am looking to make some changes in traffic-server code (iocore
> > specifically). Would it be ok to use STL stuff such as std::vector/string
> > etc?

The stream-editor filter uses a couple of std:: templates,
specifically string, vector, and set.  It's still languishing
in plugins/experimental.

TS should really expose more APIs.  The more-than-equivalent filter
with httpd uses APR classes, so has no need to import anything like std.
Likewise, the same filter with ironbee (available with TS) uses
ironbee's core classes and APIs and avoids the need for std.

--
Nick Kew